Rua Red offers low cost working spaces for visual artists.
The open call for applications for studios in 2019 is now open. Studios are allocated for a period of between 1 to 3 years.
Rua Red exhibit the work of established Irish and International artists who are committed to producing work within a socio-political framework. The education programme reflects the organisations interests with place, politics and people through a challenging programme of events, workshops, screenings and performances that allow audiences and visitors to engage with the exhibitions through the mediums of music, dance, theatre and visual art.
The studio programme is viewed by the Board and management of Rua Red as integral to the success of the gallery and must support and enhance the organisation's remit.
Studios available are 35msq, concrete floor with sink, storage and heating. North facing with natural light. The studios will available to move into from 14th January 2019 at €200 per month.
Further to your expression of interest I would like to invite you to submit a formal request to take up tenancy in one of the studio spaces.
In order to ensure transparency, consistency and equity in the Selection process it is essential that your request consist of the following information:
- A Cover Letter with a descriptive narrative of your intended purpose for the studio e.g. preparation for exhibition solo/group, education project, public art project, research etc. (500 words maximum limit).
- Tell us for how long you will need your studio. Studios are allocated on an initial 12 month basis with the potential to extend that to a maximum of 36 months, project dependent.
- An Artist statement giving details of your practice (300 words limit).
- A description of how you feel your practice will support and enhance the remit of Rua Red (500 words maximum limit).
- A full Curriculum Vitae and accompanying visual images (jpeg images and web showreels).
- An image list.
Please note that it is the applicant's responsibility to ensure technical compatibility of all application documentation uploaded.
Include a work plan, giving details of what materials and processes you use and any other requirements you have. Full details below.
Successful applicants will be expected to facilitate activities including visitor tours, studio visits etc., if required, it is advised that you consider how feasible your participation could be in relation to all other present commitments.
Application Closing Date - 21st December 2018
Please send your application to Maolíosa Boyle at firstname.lastname@example.org, marking the Subject Rua Red Studio Application