Open call for applications for studio space. Rua Red offers low-cost working spaces for visual artists. Studios are allocated for a period of between 1 to 3 years.
Rua Red exhibits the work of established Irish and International artists who are committed to producing work within a socio-political framework, work that is deeply relevant to the people of this county and beyond. Rua Red’s Education programme also reflects the organisations' interests with place, politics and people through a challenging programme of events, workshops, screenings, and performances that allow audiences and visitors to engage with the exhibitions through the mediums of visual art, music, dance, and theatre.
The studio programme is viewed by the Board and Management of Rua Red as integral to the success of the organisation and must support and enhance its remit.
The studio available is 52m sq and €275 per month.
The studio includes a concrete floor, sink, storage, heating, natural light, wifi, and weekly cleaning.
In order to ensure transparency, consistency, and equity in the Selection process it is essential that your request consists of the following information:
- A Cover Letter with a descriptive narrative of your intended purpose for the studio e.g. preparation for exhibition solo/group, education project, public art project, socially engaged community project, research etc. (500 words maximum limit). Include a work plan, giving details of what materials and processes you use and any other requirements you have
- Intended length of stay; Studios are available for a minimum of one year and up to a maximum of three years. Studios are allocated with an initial twelve-month licence agreement subject to a review to extend up to three years
- An Artist statement giving details of your practice (300 words limit)
- A description of how you feel your practice will support and enhance the remit of Rua Red (500 words maximum limit)
- A full Curriculum Vitae
- Examples of recent work and an image list. No more than 8 images and/or videos should be included. Provide links to video work (Vimeo/YouTube) Please do not attach video files.
Please note that it is the applicant's responsibility to ensure the technical compatibility of all application documentation uploaded.
Successful applicants will be expected to participate in occasional organisational activities including visitor tours, studio visits, etc. Rua Red will give notice of when these will be.
Please submit your application marked (Studio Application) by email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org by close of day on Friday, 7 January 2022.
A Selection Panel will convene on the week commencing Monday, 10 January 2022.
If you have any additional queries or need further information please contact Rua Red on 014515860 or email email@example.com.