Rua Red, South Dublin Arts Centre Company is currently recruiting for an Education and Outreach Executive for a minimum of six months Maternity Cover.
Rua Red is operated by South Dublin Arts Centre Company (SDACC), which was established in January 2009. The building was designed, custom built as an arts venue and is owned by South Dublin County Council. SDACC is a company limited by guarantee, with charitable status.
Rua Red is a contemporary art space housing two galleries, a theatre/cinema, a dance studio, a conference room, a digital media suite, recording facilities, music rooms, workshop areas, artist’s studios, office space and a café.
Rua Red exhibit the work of established Irish and International artists who are committed to producing work within a socio political framework. The education programme reflects the organisations interests with place, politics and people through a challenging programme of events, workshops, screenings and performances that allow audiences and visitors to engage with the exhibitions through the mediums of music, dance, theatre and visual art.
In addition to Rua Red’s programme the organisation also houses and works alongside a number of independent creative organisations and individuals through the provision of office spaces. Rua Red also provide subsidised artist studios which practising artists can hire at a subsidised rate for 1-3 years.
Education and Outreach Executive (Maternity Cover)
Learn - To engage, reflect, explore and enjoy contemporary art practice.
Rua Red wish to appoint an Education and Outreach Executive (Maternity Cover) to oversee the Learn programme at Rua Red for a minimum of 6 months.
• To devise and deliver a programme of educational events that respond and engage with the gallery programme (Workshops, talks, panel events).
• Plan and manage events that reflect the organisation’s ethos of people, politics and place.
• To work closely with the exhibiting artists to create a programme that creates new ways of engaging with their work.
• To liaise with schools and colleges to facilitate workshops and tours of the exhibitions.
• To organise and facilitate public tours of the exhibitions.
• Plan and manage events outside the gallery programme e.g. children’s workshops, themed workshops and film screenings.
• Plan and manage Rua Red’s involvement in larger festivals for example Bealtaine, Redline Book Festival and Culture Night.
• Work closely with IT Tallaght (TU Dublin), NCAD Studio+ programme, College exhibitions, interns and work experience. (All programmes already in place)
• Work collaboratively with other venues within the Cultural Quarter (South Dublin County Council Library, The Civic Theatre etc).
• Production of gallery education packs to enhance tours.
• To develop funding sources to support the growth of the education and outreach programme.
Competencies, Skills and Experience Required
• An Arts related degree.
• Good knowledge of contemporary art practice
• Minimum of 3 years experience in an arts education role or similar
• Experience of designing and delivering an education programme
• Experience of facilitating workshops
• Experience of working with a wide range of groups
• Work effectively within a team
• Excellent Communication skills
• Ensure that the vision for the organisation is understood and advocated effectively
• Full Clean driving licence
• Experience in Fundraising
• Experience in delivering a strategy
Terms and Conditions of Employment
1. Terms of the position
The position on offer is full time. The duration of the contract will be for a six month term (maternity cover) The contract will be with South Dublin Arts Centre Company (SDACC).
2. Salary Scale
Salary commences at €23,000 pro rata
The salary shall be fully inclusive and will be reviewed on an annual basis by the Board.
A 3 month probationary period will apply during which your contract may be terminated by one months’ notice by the Board of South Dublin Arts Centre Company (SDACC), if service proves less than satisfactory to the Board.
4. Working Hours & Holidays
Hours of work should be 35 hours weekly. Duty at weekends and at night (as required) will be an integral part of the working week. There is a holiday entitlement of 28 days per annum.
Candidates shall be in a state of health such as, would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Please send a current CV and cover letter stating your suitability for the position to email@example.com no later than 12.00 Noon Monday 9 December.
Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.