South Dublin Arts Centre Company is currently recruiting for a Finance and Operations Manager to join the Rua Red team leading in the financial and operational management of the organisation.
Rua Red is one of Ireland’s leading contemporary art spaces; housing two galleries, a theatre/cinema, a dance studio, a conference room, a digital media suite, recording facilities, music rooms, workshop areas, artist’s studios, office space and a café.
Rua Red exhibit the work of established Irish and International artists who are committed to producing work within a socio political framework. The education programme reflects the organisations interests with place, politics and people through a challenging programme of events, workshops, screenings and performances that allow audiences and visitors to engage with the exhibitions through the mediums of music, dance, theatre and visual art.
In addition to Rua Red’s programme the organisation also houses and works alongside a number of independent creative organisations and individuals through the provision of office spaces. Rua Red also provide subsidised artist studios which practising artists can hire at a subsidised rate for 1-3 years.
Rua Red is operated by South Dublin Arts Centre Company (SDACC), which was established in January 2009. The building was designed, custom built as an arts venue and is owned by South Dublin County Council. SDACC is a company limited by guarantee, with charitable status.
To promote the development, exhibition and appreciation of art and culture by providing opportunities for artists to create, and for audiences to engage with varied and inclusive arts activities.
Competencies, Skills and Experience Required
- Advanced qualifications in financial management, accounting OR significant experience in a Financial Management role
- Experience in preparing budgets and reporting to funders
- Experience in managing budgets over €500,000
- Experience in using SAGE
- Experience of Employee and HR management
- Proven track record in successfully managing & maintaining relationships with contractors and suppliers
- Excellent knowledge of Health & Safety practices & procedures
- Good understanding of data privacy standards (GDPR)
- Excellent administrative skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- An interest in the art
- Experience of using Artifax or a similar booking systems
- Experience in financial management of a joint European project
- Experience in Arts Council funding application process
- Experience in an Arts Management role or similar
- Experience in negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Knowledge of Health and Safety practices and procedures specific to Art venues
- Full Clean Driving Licence
Terms and Conditions of Employment
1. Terms of the position
The position on offer is full time. The duration of the contract will be for 2 years fixed term with an option to extend based on both parties agreement. The contract will be with South Dublin Arts Centre Company (SDACC).
2. Salary Scale
Salary commences at €40,000
The salary shall be fully inclusive and will be reviewed on an annual basis by the Executive Director.
A 6 month probationary period will apply during which your contract may be terminated by one months’ notice by the Board of South Dublin Arts Centre Company (SDACC), if service proves less than satisfactory to the Executive Director.
4. Working Hours & Holidays
Hours of work should be 35 hours weekly excluding breaks. Duty at weekends and at night (as required) will be an integral part of the working week. There is a holiday entitlement of 28 days per annum.
Candidates shall be in a state of health such as, would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Please send a current CV and cover letter stating your suitability for the position to email@example.com not later than 5pm on the 24 May 2018.
Applications received after the closing date and time will not be accepted.