South Dublin Arts Centre Company is currently recruiting for a Café Manager to join the Rua Red team leading in the day-to-day operations of our busy café.
The Café Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the café. Including cafe finances & stock management, health and safety responsibilities, over-seeing the catering for exhibitions, events and bookings and managing a small team. The manager is integral in creating an environment that is welcoming to existing and new customers and developing a self sustaining cafe that provides a varied and healthy menu together with consistent, professional service.
- Implementation of all operational and administrative policies and procedures to ensure the Cafe, and catered events, run smoothly at all times.
- Overseeing the rostering for Café staff.
- Co-ordinating food preparation for events and meetings.
- Dealing with customers (external and internal).
- Implementing the café’s operational and administrative procedures.
- Over seeing standards and barista training in coffee preparation and service.
- Overseeing the day-to-day hygiene and cleaning arrangements.
- Ordering stock.
- Administrating the annual Cafe budget, as set with the Finance and Operations Manager.
- Managing the day-to-day handling of cash.
- Handling cash and reconciling a daily float.
- Providing weekly sales and purchasing figures to the Finance and Operations Manager.
- Providing high level of customer service to ensure client satisfaction and smooth running of the Cafe.
- With the Finance and Operations, put in place follow up and feedback mechanisms for clients.
- With Finance and Operations Manager, deal with any customer complaints that may arise.
Health & Safety
- Following health and safety duties as specified in the organisations safety statement.
- Setup, manage and implement the Cafe’s Food Safety Management Plan in accordance with HACCP standards.
- Assist with the induction of part time staff and volunteers.
- Consult with the Finance and Operations Manager on the correct HR systems, policies and procedures for the organisation and employ correct practice in relation to Café staff.
- Creation of staff training and individual plans for Café staff with regards to food handling and HACCP standards.
- Oversee staff supervision and support policies (including appraisals) Line management responsibilities.
- Develop a seasonal, healthy cold food menu .
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with suppliers.
- Work with the Development Manager to identify user groups within the community to make use of the cafe in quieter times.
- Increase turnover in order to create a viable and self-sustaining café.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Attending internal meetings and training & development courses as agreed.
SALARY - On Application
Closing Date – Friday 12 October at 5pm
Please send cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the Subject Café Manager Position