Call for Submissions
Rua Red Winter Open
Application Deadline: 5pm, Monday, 2 November
2020 Exhibition Dates: 11 December 2020 – 22 January 2021
The Winter Open is Rua Red's annual open exhibition of fine and applied arts. Submissions may be in any discipline: painting, sculpture, new media, digital, printmaking, ceramics, glass, photography, installation and jewelry.
This open submission is an opportunity for graduates, emerging and established artists in Ireland (including the North of Ireland) to exhibit their work in Gallery 1.
The overall winner of the Rua Red Art Prize will be awarded a solo show in Gallery 2 at some point during the ensuing 12-month period.
Rua Red has a policy of supporting artists at all stages of their career. One of the new ways that Rua Red will implement this policy will be to select and purchase works from the Winter Open and Café Wall exhibition to form a collection for the organisation. The works will go on show within the building on a rotational basis in the Conference and Meeting Room areas.
All works submitted for exhibition are considered by a Selection Panel.
Hindsight is 2020
Racism, injustice, murder, environmental destruction and devastation, corrupt leaders, an economic crash and an uncontrollable virulent global pandemic that has changed our world completely.
‘Hindsight is 20/20’ is used to describe how we can gain clearer understanding of a situation as we look back on it from a vantage point.
Is 2020 the year of hindsight?
How to Apply:
- Download the submission forms below.
- Pay the Registration and Handling fee.
- Email the completed submission form together with your image files and a confirmation of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A registration and handling Fee of €10 (inclusive of VAT) is required for each completed submission form (a maximum of 3 artworks per submission).
- This payment must be confirmed in the submission email. No work will be considered without payment.
- Payment can be made through eventbrite via the link below.
- Cheques/postal orders should be made to ‘South Dublin Arts Centre Company’, however digital payment is preferred where possible.
Number of Works:
- Artists may submit a maximum of three artworks for consideration.
- Submissions may be in any discipline, including but not limited to: painting, sculpture, new media, digital, printmaking, ceramics, glass, photography, installation and jewelry.
- Minimum of 1 and maximum of 3 Images per artwork may be submitted with this application form. Files must be provided as a jpeg, marked clearly with the artwork and artist name e.g. ‘JohnDoe_Untitled1.jpg’
- Please include any video files as a link (with password if applicable.)
- If you are selected for the exhibition more information will be provided in terms of delivery and collection of work. Please make sure your contact details are correct to facilitate this.